CMCS is a coalition of practitioners and teachers advancing CUNY’s mission as one of the country’s leading engines of public education and socio-economic mobility, recognizing that true human flourishing grows out of cultivating the fullness of human being – body, mind, and spirit.
- Retired Provost, LaGuardia Community College/CUNY.
- Collaborating with LaGuardia colleagues on a two-year, grant-funded project to engage first-year students in mindfulness practices.
- Certified mindfulness meditation instructor through Dharma Moon/Tibet House.
- Email: ARCARIOP@lagcc.cuny.edu
- Emeritus Associate Professor, Urban Education Doctoral Program, CUNY Graduate Center
- Author, Mindfulness and Its Discontents: Education, Self, and Social Transformation, Fernwood Press 2019
- Co-editor, Handbook of Mindfulness: Culture, Context and Social Engagement, 2016
- Interests: Neoliberalism, Education, Counseling, Critical Psychology, Critical Integral Social Mindfulness, Moral Development, and Well-Being
- CMCS co-founder
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Clinical Professor at Icahn School of Medicine Mount Sinai
- Master of Public Health Candidate at CUNY Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy
- Master of Science in Education Lehman College
- Mindfulness for depression and anxiety in the underserved population, Community Based Participatory Research
- Email: email@example.com
- Mindful educator, writer and researcher.
- Collaborating with LaGuardia Community College’s Wellness Center to offer a Spring 2023 Koru mindfulness course as part of a grant-funded project.
- Certified Koru mindfulness instructor through the Center for Koru Mindfulness and Qualified Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) teacher through Brown University.
- Member of the current cohort of Leading by Intention, a program of the Mindfulness Collaboratory at Pratt Institute focused on building resilient artistic communities through mindfulness and mindful leadership.
- Formerly an instructor and advisor at LaGuardia Community College for 10 years.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Associate Professor, Lehman College, Department of Counseling, Leadership, Literacy, and Special Education
- Practicing and supervising psychologist, integrating compassion and mindfulness as aspects of clinical practice with children, adolescents, and adults
- Leading a research lab on how technology is impacting presence, attention, and attachment
- Publishing on how technology and social media are shaping adolescent development and human relationships, including therapist and patient
- Teaching mindfulness to teacher candidates for personal practice and implementing in Bronx’s public schools
- Email: DANIELLE.MAGALDIDOPMAN@lehman.cuny.edu
- Mindful educator, writer and researcher enacting contemplative pedagogy with an equity lens.
- Teach at School of Education, Brooklyn College (BC) and BC Academy.
- Activities: BCA Mindfulness Center Project Lead, Mindful Schools Certified Instructor, TEL member.
- Excellence in teaching awards from BC N.Y., Butler-Cooley and LIU N.Y. Presentations at NNER, MCNC, ACMH & Google. BBS Ireland, MA (NYU), MA (BC) and Ph.D. (NYU)
- Email: email@example.com
- Philosophy professor at Kingsborough who has been practicing meditation and yoga for 50 years, teaching both for decades in the community, leading weekly meditation for faculty, staff and students in Kingsborough since 2007, and online since 2020, now open to the entire CUNY community. His philosophical research is primarily on meditation and its role in improving agency.
- VP & Director, American Philosophical Practitioners Association (APPA)
- APPA-certified Philosophical Counselor and Consultant
- Chief Philosophy Officer, Knowledgecoin.io
- Latest book: Routledge Handbook on the Philosophy of Meditation
- I lead weekly meditations for the CUNY community,
- Email: Rick.Repetti@kbcc.cuny.edu>
- Assistant Professor, Lehman College, Middle and High School Science Education
- 30+ years of meditation experience
- Principal investigator on a grant studying the impact of contemplative pedagogy on racial equity and sense of belonging
- Mindful Schools Certified Instructor
- Co-lead professional learning communities that train NYC department of education teachers in mindfulness and contemplative pedagogy
- Published book chapter on Contemplative Pedagogy and Multicultural education
- Email: SUNYATA.SMITH@lehman.cuny.edu
- Adjunct Lecturer, City College of New York, Psychology Department
- Hybrid experiential-academic course (for credit): Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and the psychology of mindfulness
- Mindfulness modules for the “Bridges to Success” survey course for incoming first-year students
- CMCS co-founder
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org>